Posts Tagged ‘supplements’
Hello everyone! Our store is up and running now, and we are staying busy taking care of all our wonderful clients, and their humans too! One of the most requested items that we get from folks tends to be a supplement to help with dry, itchy skin and allergies. So we thought today we’d share our love of coconut oil with you.
Coconut is comprised primarily of a medium chain fatty acid called Lauric acid, which is responsible for many of it’s health benefits. In pets, Lauric acid fights and destroys viruses and various pathogenic bateria, protecting your pets against infection and boosting the immune system. So aside from the scientific explanation, what that means in terms of benefits is that coconut oil:
- clears up skin conditions, helps with flea allergies, dermatitis and itchy skin
- makes the coat sleek and glossy
- deodorizes doggy odor
- reduces bad breath
- regulates and balances insulin and thyroid levels
- helps with arthritis and ligament problems
- speeds healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots and insect bites when applied topically
We’ve seen first hand the healing benefits that Coconut oil has with our own dogs, especially the itchy skin and allergies. We carry Cocotherapy brand coconut oil in both the oil jars and chips. So if you’re looking for a good overall health supplement for your dog, consider natural organic coconut. It’s like they claim – the miracle food!